how do i change the path for music, pictures in start menu

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
Ok i am running vista. when i click the start menu, at the top right corner, there is my user name...and then a bunch of other options like documents, music, pictures, etc. How do i change their locations?

When i right click on "Music" and then click the properties tab, its blank. can i change this in the control panel?
please help!

- Right click on folder (Videos, Documents, etc)
- Go to properties
- Click on the "Location tab"
- Change the location to a folder somewhere else that's more convenient for you (ex D:\Music)

i do not have a "Location tab" in the window. i had it when i set it up to read from my external, but now its gone.

Any other idea?

If I understand you correctly, you've moved the location of the music folder (to a folder location on your external drive) but now when going back to the music folder from start and right clicking the location tab is missing?

Doing the following you don't see the location tab?

Press Start > right click on MUSIC in the right pane of the start menu > Properties > Location

You might try this tool to reset your pathnames of various folders:
http://weblogs.asp.net/kennykerr/ar...ser-1.0-_2800_for-Vista-and-Beyond_2900_.aspx

Go to start,go to run and type in 'regedit',Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

And you can change them through there.

Back
Top Bottom