how do i?

cza21

Solid State Member
i know this is a dumb question over the weekend i purchased a dvd burner now all video i play is threw nero how do i swich it back to play all videos threw window media player thnx and sorry for the dumb question

in windows media player, go to Tools > Options and click on the File Types tab then Select All in the bottom right hand, then click OK and your done.

note: if your using the new type of windows media player (version 11) then just right click on the top to get the menu.

note 2: if you dont want windows media player to play every file type (which clicking Select All does) then you can go through and choose just the video files e.g. windows video file, movie file, avi and so on

I would just find the file you want to play, right click on it, go to the "Open with..." option. From that point on, click on "choose default program". Now find Windows Media Player and make sure that little box is checked so all your media files will use Media Player. Ok everything and all of your media icons should all change back to Windows Media Player icons.

I would just find the file you want to play, right click on it, go to the "Open with..." option. From that point on, click on "choose default program". Now find Windows Media Player and make sure that little box is checked so all your media files will use Media Player. Ok everything and all of your media icons should all change back to Windows Media Player icons.

there is that way, but that would only then apply (i assumed) to the one file type instead of all the movie file types

Yeah. If it's a .avi file, all the .avi will change from Nero back to WMP. When I installed Nero 8 Ultra two days ago, I accidently made some of my files use Nero. I just changed them all back.

thnx for the help guys i did it a while ago just forgot how to but thnx for the quik response and the help guys

Back
Top Bottom