How do I...

G35x

Golden Master
Ok I just got some movies ( no there not movies, just some stuff)...Well anyhow one of them is about 731 mb, and when I went to burn it as a vcd, on nero it was over the 700mb limit by a lot...So what can I do, any way I can compress it to fit, or do I have to cut it into 2 parts and then burn it?? Need some help fast, and yes I have a dvd burner, but the gay thing never wants to work..Always makes errors, or just freezzes...Anyhow anyone know..THanks

Nero can overurn by around 30 mb. Soooo just cut off the ending where they recite all the actors and s**t, and ur good.

EDIT:

No swearing please!

Yeah, simply go into the Preferences, and somewhere in the menus, you'll find OverBurn mode.

Do note, it depends on your burner, how well it copes with this, but you can go over the limit by about that much like Advocate says.

I'm pretty sure any recent DVD/VCD player will be able to play a slightly overburned CD.

You could also edit out some of the footage as well. Just find a video software editig program and edit all the useless parts mainly the previews, and the end credits. Which Could knock off a few MB.

Becareful with over burning, it may sometimes lead to errors when being read, at least this can sometimes be the case with ISO files. But this is a video so you shouldn't have problem. Nero works fine with overburning by small amounts (I think you can't get it past 40mb overburn through).

Why don't you just find a compressor and compress it a little. Compressing it down 30 MB isn't going to kill the quality. What format are the movies in?

just use nero vision. it makes it a dvd or a vcd and transforms it to the right format and burns, all in about 1/2-1 hours.

Ok, its 862 mb, how would I fit it onto a cd...I need to know quick! Someone please help..

Can I use windows movie maker, cut it in half, and then export as avi, and burn it...ALso would windows movie maker, open a avi, and how would I export as a avi..Someone please help, need to to this in the next 10minz. :eek:

You'll have to compress it quite a bit. Use WinZip or a similar program. To watch something off he CD, you will then have to uncompress it. Are you sure that DVD burner of yours doesn't work? Try burning a DVD at really low speed, sometimes that illiminates or reduces the errors. Good luck!

I use Fairuse Wizard 2 to do my conversion from DVD to XviD. I get the files to 700MB and it fits onto a CD. There is no way you can get it done in 10 mins. It would take that long to burn.

Back
Top Bottom