How to creating dedicated CS 1.6 server?
I am interested in the idea of creating my own dedicated CS 1.6 server. I have a PC that I am not using and I’m trying to determine how good this PC will run the game. My team is interested in a good quality server, so if to be determined that this PC will not be able to do a good job I will probably end up getting a server from electrifyservers, 500FPS for $60 (1000 FPS servers are overrated IMO, for pubs 32 people you need it, but not when u have 10 people in the server)
PC (server) specs:
AMD 4000+ (single core)
Mushkin Redline 2GB of RAM
800GB HD in Raid 0
Radeon 1950XTX GPU
As you can see this PC is about 3 years old. The only thing this PC will be used for is to host a CS server. My Internet is Verizon Fios with 30mb Download and 5mb Upload.
Let me know what you think. Also if anyone know of a good guide on how to set up a CS 1.6 server plz let me know.
- Asus P6T Deluxe v2 - Intel i7 920 @4Ghz 1.35v- Prolimatech HS - Cosmos S Case -
- ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ800 PSU
- ATI 5870 - G.SKILL 6GB DDR3 1600 - Razer Barracuda™ AC-1
- 120GB Crucial C300 SSD & 3X WD640AAKS HDD
- Dell 24" 2408WFP & 2407WFP-HC Monitor