How to copy sata drivers onto floppy

jamaicanbob

Baseband Member
Im trying to install Xp on my new system but having problems... I got the cd with the sata drivers with the motherboard, but how do I copy them to a floppy? I can load the cd onto my old computer, but doesn't give me the option to copy the files, only to install them. I could manually copy them but dont know which files I need.

Also tried to get them directly off the cd on the new computer before installing XP (is this possible?). Pressed F6 on two separate tries but nothing happened.

HELP!

No it is not possible from your new computer you will have to do it manually from your old one just copy the folder which says Windows XP from the cd

screen.bmp

crap cant read that pic lol... umm there is a drivers folder with 3 files, bootdrive folder with about 20 files some with sata in title, ProSetll folder???

There is also a Diskettes subfolder with folders insdie Disk1 and Disk 2. Si3112 and Si3112r folders, as well as an INSTALLSATARAID.exe file.

Read me says 6) Other
Include following driver
1.\ite_raid
--GigaRAID(IT8212F) Driver
--GigaRAID Utility

2.\SiI
--SATA Base Mode Driver
--SATA Raid Mode Driver

7) BootDrv
if you want installing driver during new Windows OS installation to RAID/SCSI/Serial ATA HDD,
please insert empty disk on floppy and run "..\BootDrv\menu.exe" under DOS mode environment
to get driver.

Im having the same problem with my new SATA HD it wont let me install windows xp.

Back
Top Bottom