How Come?

wee493

In Runtime
I built a new computer and finished it today and i installed Microsoft XP Professional, but everytime i turn on my computer i have to reinstall windows then when i start up it keeps all of my files and folders?

Any suggestions to fix my prob because i don't like installing Windows (20 min process) every time i want to get on the internet!:eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:

You have more than one hard drive, so maybe it's booting a Windows installation on a different drive or something.

I leave hove to have the OS boot from disk if i boot it from the HD it is installed on it wont work

"Built 06/06/07"

I see your problem. Some how, this reminds me, my friends birthday was wednesday and last year his birth day was 6/6/6 and he was 13 years old so.. you get the point?

Anyway, i dont see XP taking 20 minutes to install. Its obviously not a retail disc, so what disc is it? Did you try taking out 2 of the HD's and leaving just one? are the HD's formatted? (seeing that one came from an old Dell)

Seeing as how you have more than one HDD, maybe it is trying to boot off of the wrong one. Switch the hard-drive boot priority around in BIOS and see waht that does.

Back
Top Bottom