how to check if your videocard is working correct?

Domaz

In Runtime
How can you check if your cpu your video card sound card and the holl system is working correctly?most important how to check if your videocard isen't damaged and is working good?

For video card, try using a different monitor first. Then you can do a video card swap after that. Same with a lot of the other hardware. But you can typically see the problem in device manager too if there are any exclamation marks in there. If there are one, then it's a sign of driver issues or compatibility problems.

You can stress test the video card with ATiTool or rthdrbl or a similar programme and see if there are artifacts, what makes you want to test it? is something not right? are you having problems with it?

well i tried to install new drivers but i couldn't i got errors signs with sayings as your card is not compatible and its not an 32 bit and stuff. But my card is an nvidia 8600M GT and its a 32 bit vista systems so i got worried that sum errors acurred perhaps on my card. thats why, and i don't remember but somebody told me that you have to type in the search engine something like dxvid or something like that then you get a window with all the info and stuff alike. Could it be?

you've got the laptop yeah, I'm sure I just read another thread by you, is that correct?

You were sent to NVIDIA to get drivers iirc, that was bad advice, you need to go to the laptop manufacturers website and look for drivers, the ones at NVIDIA do not pertain to your Mobile graphics card.

yes, i have a laptop and i think you did, couse i got couple ov more threads started, have alloth ov questions tho:eek: ooh i see, so is that the reason why i couldn't install new drivers? But i checked suddenly after if my games were workin, well i had problems with cod2 then i tried stalker and it worked good, and cod2 aswell but then i got sum directx error signs or something, and thats why i'm afraid if my card is demaged couse it would be mad messed up if the card would be damaged from a computer i just bought a day ago

OK, while I research that model I'll be gone a little while.

First: Don't panic, you won't have damaged the pc hardware.
Second: If the pc is only a few days old it is still under warranty, if it is faulty it would be repaired for free
Third: As it is only a few days old it would no be a big deal to restore it to when you first got it.

EDIT: The Asus site is on the fritz (still) so I'm looking at a third party review

Back
Top Bottom