Re: How to change your defalt player
here's a c&p of steps to make Win Amp your default player rather than real player:
1) Disable relevant Real Player settings:
Real Player -> View/Tools -> Preferences
i) General tab -> Start Center -> Settings -> uncheck "enable" -> Okay.
ii) Upgrade tab -> Media Types:
In both "Auto Restore Settings" & "Re-associate" buttons:
Remove checkmarks next to:
MP3 Audio & MP3 Playlists (plus any others of your choice!)
iii) Upgrade tab: Uncheck: "Always play RealMedia types with RP"
iv) Performance tab -> Playback from web links -> settings:
Uncheck: "Enable Instant Playback"
Okay everything, close Prefs, exit RealPlayer.
2) Temporarily associate with Windows Media Player (to fix registry backup settings)
- Note: Settings depend on WMP version -
WMP -> View/Tools menu -> Options -> Formats/File Types tab:
Checkmark: MP3 Format Sound - mp3, m3u (plus any others of your choice)
Close Prefs & exit WMP.
3) Reassociate with Winamp
Winamp -> Prefs (Ctrl+P) -> File Types
Select: MP3, PLS, M3U (plus any other formats of your choice)
* Checkmark: Register Files on Winamp Start
* Agent tab : Checkmark "maintain file associations"
(to prevent other players from stealing them)
Close Prefs -> Exit Winamp -> Re-open Winamp.