How can u tell if a laptop battery is not installed properly.

computerfix101

In Runtime
The computer will turn on if I have the power cord connected to the laptop but if not it will not turn on. I have left it over night to charge, but nothing happens.

Is there anyway that I can install the battery or something to go back to holding the charge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Gateway Solo 9150 and 9500

Well, one if the battery isn't installed right the lappy won't turn on. =P
But if the battery isn't holding a charge then its lost its ability to hold the charge. Also some batteries will die out if you leave them in the charger after there fully charged. (Happened with my fathers phone, it got "Blotted" so he got a new "safer" one.)

I would just get a new battery, theres no way to fix than in less you somehow fill it with new lithium-ion stuff, which won't happen.

Well, I just got a lappy and I looked at the battery and there was no way you could install it wrong, it only went in one way.

Your battery is most likely dead, I had the same exact problem you described with my old compaq laptop.. even if the battery was on chrarge for the whole day, second I unplug the power cable it shuts off and you cant run it off the battery, won't even budge.

Back
Top Bottom