How Can I Safely Remove My Thumb Drive?

Siver

Baseband Member
My PC has been retarded lately and for awhile my task bar would become frozen every time I would reboot. That seems to be gone but right now I no longer have the hardware tool in the tool tray that lets you remove hardware (The green arrow thing). So
1. How do I get it back?
2. How else can I remove my thumb drive?

You don't have to click on that "safely remove hardware" thing to remove your thumb drive, just pull it out.

Eject for a flash drive? Hmmm, didn't know there was an option for it, i thoguht it only was available to optical drives. Well anywho, you learn somethin new every day. :)

Jenox said:
Eject for a flash drive? Hmmm, didn't know there was an option for it, i thoguht it only was available to optical drives. Well anywho, you learn somethin new every day. :)
I think it's for any drive under the "Removable Storage" category.

And I'm pretty sure you're supposed to safely eject flash drives every time. Not that anyone actually does...

lol macs give you errors if you dont eject them from the operating system first lol. but the error just tells you that you are vulnerable to data loss if you pull it out without ejecting.

Its a common problem to have data loss when removing flash drives. Glad to see someone is doing it properly :)

Right click your taskbar > properties > taskbar tab > customise > have a look in the list for the safely remove hardware and make sure that its set to always show.

Back
Top Bottom