Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #21
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: how can i remove this virus?

It's not "installing" HijackThis. It's essentially "uncompressing" or "unzipping" it into a folder. You can easily take the .exe file and place it wherever you want.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #22
Fully Optimized

CCleaner or Iobit's Advanced Windows Care V2.2 or V3. Super Reg cleaners I use. It took care of a virus one of my customer's computers had that opened multiple instances of IE at once until all the PF was used.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #23
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
i have a good recommendation, download http://www.combofix.org/ - combofix, probably removes ANY virus..boot into windows not safe mode or anything of the such..go to that website and download it..save it as like 123.exe but not combofix because most trojans/viruses disable it. after you save it, run it and let it finish, may take ten minutes to two hours, do NOT open any other programs while running, your screen will flicker and the computer will act like its goign al funky, this is normal, after its done running it will clsoe and a log will pop up. This should fix your problem.

also system restore most likely will not work because half the time viruses infect your system restore files.
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!! EVERYONE LIKE GIVE THIS GUY POS REP FOR THIS!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW URE SUPER FREAKIN COOL AWSOME!!!! THANKS A HOLE BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW I JUST TRIED A SPEED TEST IT WENT FROM A 180 PING TO A 36!!!! AND IM DLING AT 10MB/S FROM 9MB/S!!!! MY WEBSITES ARE LOADING SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER FAST!!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #24
Fully Optimized

Im a master at the art of viruses glad to help you out, i know how much of a pain in the arsch it is when you cant get rid of a nasty virus.

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote