How can I prevent this HEAT !

jmiller18

Baseband Member
Hey, smart guys, Some of my computer parts get very hot and I dont know why this happens :( These are the average temps recorded on EVEREST Home.

CPU: 34c [ AMD 4000 San Diego ]
MOBO: 37c [ Abit KN8 Ultra ]
AUX: 32c [ ATi x1800xt ]
HD: 25c [ WD1600JB ]

But when I game

CPU: 40c
Mobo: 48c !!! ( this is what I am most worried about ) :confused:
AUX: 39c
HD: 34c

Should I make a hole on the panel behind the mobo and blow the air out or in ? Or should I put it on the glass panel and blow the air in or out ?

I have an Antec Superlanboy with 2 120mm

Also HERE are good directions about making a new fan mount. Click back or forward ( obviously ) to read what was before.

well my fans are reading :

CPU: 3125 rpm
Front 120: 4963 rpm
Back 120: " "

The Chipset fan is working just fine. I also installed the Azenx Blitztorm Pci fan underneath my ATi x1800xt which was blowing out a TON of hot air from the card vent. I should probaly just make a fan hole on the back cover ( behind mobo ) and face the 80 mm so the air goes out.

do you have your fans oriented correctly? the fan in the front should be pulling air in and the fan in the back should be pulling air out. your motherboard temps definitly should not be that high, even when gaming. Have you checked the temps in the bios to see if they match up with the numbers you get from everest?

My fans are setup correctly and I will check my Bios Health Status soon :) TY for the help everyone

U absolutely sure that the chipset fan is working like it should?
Since atleast from what I've seen it's quite rare for the mobo temp to be almost 10C more than the cpu temp.

Other than the mobo everything is fine.

Back
Top Bottom