How to Back up steam?

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
Ok, so i have all my games installed etc....and when i end up getting my new laptop, i don't want to have to re-download/re-install all my games. How do i exactly move steam from my computer to my laptop without losing my data?

It's easy as pie simply open up steam,go to your games list and then click on 'file' and then click on 'backup games...' and then simply follow the prompts.

Then on your new computer (Or Laptop in this case) simply install STEAM,and then run the Game Restorer that the steam backup made.

That's how to backup your STEAM Games :D

It's easy as pie simply open up steam,go to your games list and then click on 'file' and then click on 'backup games...' and then simply follow the prompts.

Then on your new computer (Or Laptop in this case) simply install STEAM,and then run the Game Restorer that the steam backup made.

That's how to backup your STEAM Games :D

Gangsta! That is easy...as pie! Thank you for the clear instructions :D

Yes.....
Freaky Clear....
I like that thing. {ur sig}

O o
/¯/___________________________ _\
| DOCTOR OCTAGONAPUS BLAAARGH!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯/

No problems :D

Though im not sure wether or not that backs up save games or not so you may want to do a quick trial before you go and get rid of the other computer.

No problems :D

Though im not sure wether or not that backs up save games or not so you may want to do a quick trial before you go and get rid of the other computer.

yup...i'll test it with the laptop i have now. I'll do it from my gaming rig...and see how she goes. Should be fine tho...i don't have any games on there that have saved profiles. Just CS, TF2, Day of Defeat...so just first person shooters.

Thanks again (i'd rep, but i need to spread around :p)

Back
Top Bottom