How about a little friendly competition

wow. that's exactly what mine gets at stuck speed.
I just tried benchmarked it. I got 3933. That devils canyon I5 is pretty good. Scoring the same as the previous top I7 on the 1150 platform.

My old I7-920 got 1500 at stuck. We have come a long way. :)

Last edited:
Wow, we sure have. Devils Canyon is pretty good. Especially at overclocking. The normal Haswell CPUS had a really hard time getting high overclocks on them.

i just overclocked my cpu with 200 mhz extra. my cinebench score is now 34126 :)

i don't think i can overclock more unless i tweak the vcore. my system just crashed using the 47 multiplier with auto vcore. i Used 45 for the first benchmark. The second benchmark (the one above) was with 47. i'll stick to 45. it's running rock stable at this setting. So my stable score is still 33752

Last edited:
You know what? I'm going to just go and manually overclock my CPU. I don't really know a lot about overclocking, however I will learn some. You got any tips?

It's quite easy. Specially on the newer intel chips.
Just increase the multiplier and the Vcore will adjust to it (as best at it can)
when you have applied new settings, make sure your RAM hasn't gone down in speed. If it does that, you need to manually clock it back to default... or higher if you want.

Okay guys, I did a benchmark for a game called Sniper Elite V2 long time ago. Found the records so I'm gonna share it here now.

To do the benchmark, download the free stand alone benchmark program from this here:
download from Guru3D.com

K, here is the specs of the old system I did it on:

Mobo: Intel DP55KG Extreme Series Desktop Motherboard
CPU: Intel i5 750 2.6Ghz
RAM: Kingston HyperX 12GB 1333Mhz
Storage: WD Caviar Green 7200rpm (HDD)
Video card: MSI Twin Frozer GTX 680 4GB

At that time I only upgraded the video card on that old system to have the above specs. I guess the CPU was a bottleneck.

The results:

1920x1080 (one monitor on 16:9 aspect ratio)
Min. 56
Max. 129
Avrg. 90

3840x720 (three monitors spanned for a surround gaming)
Min. 35
Max. 116
Avrg. 79

4800x900 (three monitors spanned for a surround gaming)
Min. 23
Max. 80
Avrg. 55

5760x1080 (three monitors spanned for a surround gaming)
Min. 16
Max. 59
Avrg. 40

All resolutions here give relatively bad game play results, as it seems. The reasons for that I think are the CPU, which happens to be 2.6GHz only, even if it is a quad core (no threading processing tech. supported), and using the maximum available settings with the maximum available edge enhancements it allows, which can be extremely heavy on both the CPU and GPU.

The benchmark tool itself is there to actually test what the system is fully capable of, and the setting I chose were too, and not for a game play, so it is expected to have low results. With that however, the first two results seemed to be acceptable at some point.

Any questions?

Back
Top Bottom