Hot Hot Hot!

Leave the front intake. Heat rises, it would make no sense to have an exhaust fan at the bottom of a case.

i might be able to fit a fan on one of the side vents, but it's going to be tight because my cpu fan is huge.

There are nothing wrong with those temps at all. 40°C CPU and 47°C motherboard under load are perfectly fine.

If your comp is shutting down, then it's something else doing it. Those temps aren't high enough to trigger a shut down.

Tape off the side vents if there is not a fan in them. You have an air flow short circuit. The back fan is just sucking air from the side vents and it's going right out the back. The flow from the front fan is not doing anything but keeping the drives cooled down.

If you have like a regular house fan/floor fan, try opening up your case and blowing it straight in. That should drop temps, and if it's still shutting down I would have to agree with Cabbs and say that it could definitely be your PSU (i.e. random shut downs) because as someone mentioned--maybe Atomic Rooster--those temps are perfectly fine.

Back
Top Bottom