Horrible Ticking Issue
Hey, new here, i hope this was the spot to post.
I have had my PC for a year and a half now, bout a month after I bought it, I started to notice a nasty ticking. I was told that it was my HD crapping out, so...I went and "supposedly" bought what i thought was a Whisper drive, because I thought i just had a loud HD as well. well, I installed it and the same ticking was present. Then i was told to look at my power options and make sure hibernate and sleep is off, did that and nothing. THEN i was told it was a Power supply problem...this is where im at now, i don't know where to start from there.
Ticks occur at System load, minutes after system load with about 3 strait minutes of loud ticking, then on and off most of the time after which seem to have worsened over time, to more of a constant tick.
My PC is NOTHING special, I know haha but here are the basic specs for reference:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+
Operating System: Genuine Windows VistaŽ Home Premium
Chipset: NVIDIA GeForceŽ 6150SE
Memory: 1024MB 667MHz DDR2 dual-channel memory
HD: 320GB SATA II 7200rpm, 8MB cache currently in use & 320GB SATA II Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm, 16mb which is the one I mentioned I bought early on.
Video: NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ 6150SE
PSU:- 480W Power Supply PSU
- One (1) 14-inch SATA connecter
- One (1) 14-inch ATX power connector (supports both 20-pin and 24-pin configurations)
- One (1) 14-inch 12V P4 ATX power connector (4-pin)
- Two (2) 12-inch large power connectors (4-pin)
- Two (2) 6-inch large power connectors (4-pin)
- One (1) 6-inch Small power connectors (4-pin)
- Quiet/Low-noise Operation
- Supports latest Serial SATA Adapter
- Energy Star Efficiency
- Over Power and Voltage Protection
- Designed by Logisys