Home Theatre Audio

Dieter

Baseband Member
I bought a home theater system for my tv. Nice little bluray/dvd with 5.1 surround sound Philips brand. Not a bad system for bluray. My dilemma is that I want to be able to have ym computer use my home theater system in 5.1 surround sound. I originally had my pc use a dvi to hdmi via my graphics card to hook up my video to my lcd tv for video, and a single jack out to a split red and white tipped rca to the back of my lcd tv for 2.1 sound. Right now I have the rca cable hooked up to my home theater system via audio in (aux1). How can I make this surround sound? I have on board sound with an asus m2a-vm using realtek hd audio drivers v. 6.0.1.594. I have been playing around with it and can't figure this out. I have no digital audio out on my pc nor digital audio in on my theater system. Is this possible or am I out of luck?

Oh btw, the speakers for the 5.1 surround sound cant hook into a sound card because they have that plug that only going into the home theater system

I think if I buy a video card with an orange "coaxial out" i can make this work ill update if it works. Just in case anyone ever runs into this problem.

Back
Top Bottom