home theater...pc133?

shagadelicman1

In Runtime
sooo i have pc 133, and want to build up a media center pc...this is all i got right now and really wanna! haha. soo will lets say 1 gig of pc133 be able to handle it ok?? obviously not HD i would think right?

I doubt that any motherboard that uses pc133 ram will even be able to handle 1gb, it's just so old that people weren't putting that much ram in pc's back then, it wasn't even needed.

Judging by the low ram specs I'm assuming that it's a pretty old computer, I would upgrade to something better if you are going to make a media center pc.

I have an old Gateway PIII 733 with 512mb of pc133 ram and it's my fileserver and thats about all it can handle....lol

sooo i have pc 133, and want to build up a media center pc...this is all i got right now and really wanna! haha. soo will lets say 1 gig of pc133 be able to handle it ok?? obviously not HD i would think right?

That amount of ram should not justify building a computer around it. 1GB of DDRII 667 runs about 15$. For a media center PC, it's a great idea to use a faster PC, however with a proper hardware encoder / decoder for mpeg, you could get away with a pentium 3.

ok sounds good then. sdram is so damn much i swear. you would think when they get older they get cheaper. HA, ya....not really. Its all about scarcity, but really come on hah

ok sounds good then. sdram is so damn much i swear. you would think when they get older they get cheaper. HA, ya....not really. Its all about scarcity, but really come on hah

ya, where i work we sell a stick of 512 ddr2 for 49 bucks, and the sdram for 99, high prices, but its retail :) even where we buy our stuff from its still friggin expensive stuff these days

i would recommend getting a distro of linux, it gets the most out of your system IMO, that way you have easy setup and all that good stuff

Back
Top Bottom