Home Networking Problem *REPS*

hi guys,
my name is dave, and live in newfoundland ,canada.
i have a problem, that has been frustrating me for some time , and am hoping you good people will point me in the right direction.
when i enter microsoft word,i type in a word for example, (auto) and select a font, this particular font can be 1inch in height or 3 inch in height or anything inbetween (it is printed and glued to a base for engraving).
the problem surfaces when i click print, the result is a printout only one half of an inch in height, (my printer is a epsom stylus cx 5400).
i need a one to one ratio, what i see on my monitor, is what i need on my printout.
i am computer savvey to a point, hope you understand all this.
thankyou dave

To be correct, a crossover cable is a cable where the transmit pin on one end of the jack connects to the receive jack on one end of the jack. In a straight-thru cable, transmit goes to transmit and receive goes to receive. They are physically the same size and shape.

Crossover cables are used to connect similar equipment together, for example two computers or two switches.
Thanks for the info, never knew that before.

AFAIK, you can't use Xbox Live or anything like that on a non-broadband connection. So don't waste your money if you have dial up.
I'm only planning to use it for viewing demos and buying arcade games and stuff. Not buying a gold account, just using the free silver one.

he can try, he has basically turned his dial-up connection into a broadband connection through that router(not with the speeds of course) it will be slow but its worth a shot. im not sure if its worth the money to buy a XBL account though, but i know you get a free 1 month with your 360
Like I said before, I'm only gonna use the free silver membership.

Dial-up wifi.

Haha.
I have a WiFlyer wireless router (unfortunately, no wired ports on back) that supports dialup. I've used it and it's just like broadband without the broadband speed. It configures the account username and password and dials into the ISP itself with the press of a button. It was just a little slower than wired dialup.

hi guys,
my name is dave, and live in newfoundland ,canada.
i have a problem, that has been frustrating me for some time , and am hoping you good people will point me in the right direction.
when i enter microsoft word,i type in a word for example, (auto) and select a font, this particular font can be 1inch in height or 3 inch in height or anything inbetween (it is printed and glued to a base for engraving).
the problem surfaces when i click print, the result is a printout only one half of an inch in height, (my printer is a epsom stylus cx 5400).
i need a one to one ratio, what i see on my monitor, is what i need on my printout.
i am computer savvey to a point, hope you understand all this.
thankyou dave
Can you not hijack my thread?

Back
Top Bottom