Hitachi desk star not full capacity

celegorm :i have also tried that it did not work

muz379: its the oldist version of windows xp however that is no longer the problem as i know why the drive is only that size i no longer have any OS installed and it is not possible for me to do so at the moment, the prob now is that i need to fix the boot sector
*edit* oh i think i see what you are getting at is it that a old version of windows xp would not that the right fixboot to work??

if you have no os installed then just reformat using the hitach disk utility from their website

Thats horrible! Only 130Gb? Wow windows is the major suck! i have a external 250 Gb HDD and i only get about 232GB

Well that's just because when a hard drive is formatted it loses a % of space form the not formatted amount ;) mine was because it was the first windows XP so it did not have support for that big a hard drive

I FIXED IT EVERYONE I low level formated the whole drive and the boot sector and it fixed thanks everyone you really helped :D:D

when my harddrive is formated it will not be the full 320GB it will be something like 290GB
and its the same with yours it will not be 250GB because it will lose some when it was formated

Back
Top Bottom