hissing

hi i turned on my 17" crt monitor

veiwsonic a90 is the model

alright so...then it like starts hissing. is stops for 5 min then starts up for .ike 2 min the dies down for 5 and so on

wtf is happening and can i fix it?

is hissing wut u described as like the sound a snake makes? or is it a constant beep that jus goes on without breaks. my tv was making that constant beep and the frequency of that sound was pretty high, my dad couldnt hear it. when i get pissed i jus slap the tv and sometimes it would go away, but it always come back

Buy a new screen man, that is big big big, and im sure you can collect tgether 40 bucks/quid or whereever you are lol

A new monitor is needed, or a service repair. Does the screen do anything whilst squealing like a banshee?

The sound you describe is indicative of a failure (not now but going to happen soon) of the high voltage section. Either a filter cap or the flyback transformer. It's not cost effective to repair. Used monitors crt types can be had from building/repair shops for $20.00 and up. Depends on how old and what size you want.

No offence, but used monitors (especially refurbished) are likely to suffer the same fate sooner or later.

Well, duh. If you don't use a monitor, it's not going to break, but there's not much point in buying a monitor if you're not going to use it.

But it's likely to last a lot longer than a used one isn't it, duh, duh duhdidy duh?

By used, I mean second hand. Can we get a translator in here please?

Back
Top Bottom