HIS Radeon HD 4650 AGP Audio Connection

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no audio output on that card. It's a video card, you would be better off purchasing a sound card and connecting to that. You should be able to connect to the built in audio card on your computer but you may need some converters if your audio plug is different (doubtful). You're probably confused with the HDMI Audio output that is in your Control Panel Sound snap-in. That's for devices that can handle an HDMI picture and put out sound (e.g. TV's), it basically just channels the audio signal through the HDMI wire, but isn't really an audio output device per say. To help determine what you need to do, answer the following.

1. What type of computer do you have? If customer built, what motherboard?
2. What is the model of your Bose system? OR what type of connections does it have?

Shouldn't he just be able to plug it into (based off the connections) to the I/O Panel Audio ports?

So I realized that it's already "connected." You were right iPwn, it's working through the HDMI wire, and that's why my computer has its own audio driver. The "HD sound" will only work when my TV is on. And I think it's working in conjunction with the Bose, but I just feel like the Bose is better by itself anyway.

So I realized that it's already "connected." You were right iPwn, it's working through the HDMI wire, and that's why my computer has its own audio driver. The "HD sound" will only work when my TV is on. And I think it's working in conjunction with the Bose, but I just feel like the Bose is better by itself anyway.

If you feel that the Bose is working better than just the HD Audio, then disable the HD Audio and just run your Bose system :D.

Back
Top Bottom