Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-24-2011, 01:11 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default HIS Radeon HD 4650 AGP Audio Connection

Hello,

I got this card delivered to me today. I installed the drivers and everything is working fine. I just don't know how to connect my bose surround sound to the audio input on the card. If anyone can help me with that, I'd appreciate it.

HIS HD 4650 Fan Native HDMI 1GB (128bit) DDR3 AGP (600Mhz Core/1.3Ghz Memory ) < AGP Edition < Desktop Graphics < Products | HIS Graphic Cards

ravioliiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:11 AM   #2
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team

Default Re: HIS Radeon HD 4650 AGP Audio Connection

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no audio output on that card. It's a video card, you would be better off purchasing a sound card and connecting to that. You should be able to connect to the built in audio card on your computer but you may need some converters if your audio plug is different (doubtful). You're probably confused with the HDMI Audio output that is in your Control Panel Sound snap-in. That's for devices that can handle an HDMI picture and put out sound (e.g. TV's), it basically just channels the audio signal through the HDMI wire, but isn't really an audio output device per say. To help determine what you need to do, answer the following.

1. What type of computer do you have? If customer built, what motherboard?
2. What is the model of your Bose system? OR what type of connections does it have?

Old 11-24-2011, 02:44 AM   #3
Baseband Member

Shouldn't he just be able to plug it into (based off the connections) to the I/O Panel Audio ports?
Triciablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
Baseband Member

So I realized that it's already "connected." You were right iPwn, it's working through the HDMI wire, and that's why my computer has its own audio driver. The "HD sound" will only work when my TV is on. And I think it's working in conjunction with the Bose, but I just feel like the Bose is better by itself anyway.
ravioliiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravioliiiii View Post
So I realized that it's already "connected." You were right iPwn, it's working through the HDMI wire, and that's why my computer has its own audio driver. The "HD sound" will only work when my TV is on. And I think it's working in conjunction with the Bose, but I just feel like the Bose is better by itself anyway.
If you feel that the Bose is working better than just the HD Audio, then disable the HD Audio and just run your Bose system .
Triciablo is offline   Reply With Quote