high temp for no reason!

mikee

Fully Optimized
My cpu is at 60c on idle and i've checked the the fans inside and they all work fine it's just hot for no reason, any ideas???

The fan just might not be very good. Is it a full size 80mm one, or one of those small ones? Also, the AMD Athlon XP do get hot..

i can't post a pic but it's the same heatsink that came with the computer back when the temps were lower. i can see it running fast as it always was when the side is off the computer but its still showing high temp.

what kind of temps have u had earlier?
During summer the temps can be quite much higher since the air that is being used to cool the cpu is a lot warmer.

If the ambient temperature is higher than normal, then the heatsink won't be as effective as it normally would. Dust can be a problem too.

I just dusted it a couple of weeks ago. I just noticed dust that was clogging up one of the vents on the back and cleaned it now the temp is around 56

Good attempt at fixing the problem! Dust is one of the major causes of the pc deterioration. Try getting a new heatsink/fan. The Zalman's offer great bang for your buck!

Back
Top Bottom