Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
Beta Member
Question High Def Audio Device Channels?

I really need help here.... I need to know how many channels my "Sound Card" has. Two things, I don't know how to check my sound card but the "High Definition Audio Device" is the only thing that really comes up. Maybe I have a Sigmatel card because I have the drivers installed for it. I have not modified or upgraded my sound card since I have bought this computer, I am running Vista and have a Gateway type PC. I need to find this out because I am looking to buy a Logitech X-540 5.1 speaker set and it requires 2 channels for the surround sound (I think). All help would be appreciated. Do all modern computers have at least 2 channels on their sound card?

MrJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
Baseband Member
Default Re: High Def Audio Device Channels?

I am assuming that you bought this computer from a manufacturer. If so, please post the model number for the computer. It should say on the manufacturer's website what parts are within the belly of your computer.

Clarification needed

By channels you mean for surround sound? (I know that made no sense so here is an example)

5.1 Surround Sound - 5 channels??
It's DONE! (And dead . . .)
AMD 9850 BE @ 2.5Ghz, Gigabyte MA78G-DS3H, 4GB OCZ Preformance RAM, PNY 8800GT, 80GB SATA HDD(primary), 40GB Ultra ATA HDD (2nd-ary), 500GB SATA HDD (3rd-ary?), CoolerMaster 600W PSU, AlienWare Case 51W
All for about 800$..! I'm satisfied... =D
johanster is offline   Reply With Quote