Hi, New here and have a fast question

twentyeightpaws1

Beta member
Hi,

I bought a brand new computer for christmas, and since then it has been worse off than I thought it would be.

Okay, I used to have Windows XP, now have gone to Windows Vista, don't know if this is anything I have to let anyone know but I want it out there.

Anyway, my old computer had Microsoft Word 2004. Now with my new computer it has Microsoft Works Word processor. Well out of over 200 documents from my old computer, only about maybe 10 percent will open how they should. I have lost pictures, clipart and my tables and borders are all screwed up and don't match how they should.

Thank god I still have my old computer, but I want to get rid of it because I don't need two computers.

I have gone on Microsoft's page and did a download so that it would open up other files from one program to the next but it said that program was already installed.

One other question, is Microsoft Works word processor a downgrade from Microsft word, did I get screwed on this deal, microsoft works word processor doesn't do as much as Microsoft word does.

There is nothing I like one bit about all of this.

If someone can help me.

I would like to reinstall Microsoft 2004 into this new computer but was told that it wouldn't install because it was not compatible with Windows Vista.

What do I do?

Thanks.

Word 2004 should work with Vista.
Since you have works, maybe that will cause a conflict?
I would delete Works and install Word 2004.
Vista is a very good OS.

No! Don't delete anything. Works and Word are different. They are both based off of different formats.

So can I install Word 2004 along with what I have or will it cause some kind of conflict?

Can they both be on the same machine?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom