Hi need a little help

CluelessP.C.

Beta member
Around two months ago I turned on my computer and the screen looked like a negative picture and there was no longer and arrow showing on screen for the mouse. I can only move around using the tab and arrow buttons.

I ran a virus scan using Mcafee but there were none on the computer. A friend of mine gave me a disc to download adware6 but I needed to go online to continue it but couldn't because the mouse is not working.

I am not sure what the problem is with the computer any ideas? Being without a computer is starting to get to me.

Thank you.

I had the same prob a while back. Pointer not there normaly but appeared in safe mode bootup. I done evry check i could (settings/virus/adware). Nothing, i was puzzled! A PS2 mouse... nothing special. I was forced to back up data in safe mode and reinstall windows.. :(

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try safe mode and to reinstall over the weekend. Will let you all know how it went when I get back to work on Sunday night.

Crosses fingers :)
Thanks bunches

CluelessP.C. said:
Around two months ago I turned on my computer and the screen looked like a negative picture and there was no longer and arrow showing on screen for the mouse. I can only move around using the tab and arrow buttons.

I ran a virus scan using Mcafee but there were none on the computer. A friend of mine gave me a disc to download adware6 but I needed to go online to continue it but couldn't because the mouse is not working.

I am not sure what the problem is with the computer any ideas? Being without a computer is starting to get to me.

Thank you.
Maybe,how did you get here ?
I needed to go online to continue it but couldn't because the mouse is not working.
IT SEEMS TO BE TONIGHT.
;)
P.S.where have you been these last 2 months ?
Why did you wait so long ? How did you manage ?
This is awfull isn't it,
but here you are.How did you do this ???
:confused:

Possibility of a graphics card problem? Is it actually installed? Check all connections outside/inside the computer.

Otherwise, reinstall windows that always fixes :)

J

P.S.where have you been these last 2 months ?
Why did you wait so long ? How did you manage ?
This is awfull isn't it,
but here you are.How did you do this ???

Bluto

I use my computer at work to go online. It really hasn't been that big of a deal not to have one at home I don't use it much anyway since I have acess at work. My niece is the only one who uses it and she's on it much to much anyway. ;)

CoMpUtaFrEek

Possibility of a graphics card problem? Is it actually installed? Check all connections outside/inside the computer

CoMpUtaFrEek

Inside the computer?

I went into save mode this weekend and there was the mouse. Everything was still like a negative though. I was going to try and uninstall and then reinstall windows but couldn't find my original disc that was used to set it all up with.

I also have a few questions about that, if I uninstall windows will I lose all the folders that I have in My Documents? I have no clue ( hence the user name) how to save them so I won't lose any of it when I unistall.

Thanks much for the help!

Lets slow this down a bit.
You use "Your" computer at work" Is this a laptop ?
If your messing with the boss's thats another thing.
Quote:
======
I use my computer at work to go online. It really hasn't been that big of a deal not to have one at home I don't use it much anyway since I have acess at work. My niece is the only one who uses it and she's on it much to much anyway.
__________________________________________________ ___________
Is it really "my computer" ? at work.Where does your niece live and use it,at your work it seems.
not to have one at home you said.Where is she ?
But maybe you and your niece should not dial up at the same time.This is quite acceptable.1 at a time.But who's paying the tab ? isp etc.
You,your niece or the boss ?
:confused: :confused:

it could be that he refers to the computer he uses each and everyday as his computer even though it is not actually technically his property...

yes, you will loose all your data. User login's/documents/emails/programes. All of those and whatever else was manualy put on the computer by yourself. If you have a Cdrw then burn some data onto it, or move it across the network and then retreive it later.

Back
Top Bottom