Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-12-2006, 11:16 AM   #11
In Runtime

Default Re: Hi-def TV

Hmmm, are you sure you are not getting confused with digital tv?? I know they are ceasing the transmission of analogue tv signals in the next few years, but I've heard nothing about it going HiDef only. Plus couldn't you just receive HiDef signals on a normal tv but just not get the extra definition??

If you are talking about digital tv then it's just a matter of getting a freeview box.

Old 04-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #12
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washington
Hmmm, are you sure you are not getting confused with digital tv?? I know they are ceasing the transmission of analogue tv signals in the next few years, but I've heard nothing about it going HiDef only. Plus couldn't you just receive HiDef signals on a normal tv but just not get the extra definition??

If you are talking about digital tv then it's just a matter of getting a freeview box.
It was in the papers & TV, all my friends are up in arms about it, especially one who can just about afford the licence, let alone buy a new TV.

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to ~K-Pow~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~K-Pow~

That sucks, I don't understand how they can do that though. I feel bad for you now Brookfield.

Home Computer: Dell inspiron 2200, 1.66 GHZ processor, 80 gig harddrive, 512mb ram, cd/dvd rom, wireless network card.
~K-Pow~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
You obviously don't know our present government here, Tony Blair has railroaded even more questionable policies through parliament, true, he has had pressures put on him in this case, "technology must advance at all cost", yes, cost to the public!, I wonder who will foot the bill to replace all the TV's in his three very large homes, [which, incidentally, he is falling behind in mortgage payments for] us, I expect, through taxes.
PS; Did you know that our prime ministers, retire on full salary, for life?
dont forget using the queen's private jet for family holidays... half a million of taxpayers money spent on getting blair on his jollies...

http://www.epolitix.com/EN/News/2006...0fc1a21d8a.htm

i will not get a HDTV for at least 4 years, they are far too expensive, and IMO with the signal's im getting i wont be able to tell the difference between them. i dont care if its a bit blurry, im not gonna go out and spend a grand on a new TV, when the one ive got at the moment does a perfectly fine job, and it cost 50 3 years ago...

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote