Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-01-2005, 02:12 AM   #41
In Runtime

i recently got Limewire Pro and it works pretty nicely for me but im definately gonna get Bearshare it seems pretty popular

Like Michael Jackson
RAFDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 03:21 AM   #42
Golden Master

Default Re: Hey P2P what is the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchris
Yes Bearshare DOES have spyware but its simple to remove
yeah, they have that Weather and Save program.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:34 AM   #43
Daemon Poster

I hate those weather and save programs. Just for mentioning that i prob wont get it. Besides i have my d/l programs and they suit me just right. I get everything i need, would be nice to be able to get a better selection of pRon is all How good is bearshare for that?
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ [939 Socket] W/ ASUS "A8N-SLI Premium" (OC'd @2.4ghz) | 560W Silverstone Spider PSU | Kingston 1024 MB [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory | Dual MSI Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 128-bit PCIe @555/1111 in SLI | Samsung 19" LCD 930B (8ms) | Western Digital 200 GB SATA II (x2) | LG Dual Format/Double Layer 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
d_source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:21 AM   #44
In Runtime

Send a message via ICQ to Slaughter Send a message via AIM to Slaughter Send a message via MSN to Slaughter Send a message via Yahoo to Slaughter

Lime wire is ok if you like slow speeds and don't mind the adware and spyware. Same thing with Kazaa Winmx is aight. I just use bottler for most of my stuff or irc. :P
Old 02-01-2005, 10:08 PM   #45
Fully Optimized

kazaa isn't just your average light sypware either its pure evil
crazyman143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:02 AM   #46
Daemon Poster

I use WinMx and I got over 550 movies. But the best way to get movies is to.........make them yourself!
I use a program called FairUse Wizard. It use to be free, but now they are selling it, but.......get WinMx and go and get it. It's according to divx digest the easiest dvd ripper_movie maker to use. All you have to do is rent a DVD and put it in your dvdrom and run FairUse. No calculations, just read; at one window, you will see ADD, at that point you add the language track you want and BINGO, 2 or 3 hours later you have a divx or xvid copy of the dvd movie ready to burn.
With the movies you make, you use them to get new ones...you can't rent all the dvd's!
200 Gig WD ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 9600XT
6500 Kb bandwith Internet Connection
zero4zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 06:11 AM   #47
Daemon Poster

Well ive found that WinMX is pretty slick as far as spyware and adware goes, nothing of the sort in it, although the DLs are a bit dodgy sometimes in the naming and file size. found the layout confuses my simple computer using friends when i can get them away from the DEVIL SPAWN of Kazaa, so i recommend them to iMesh instead, only that although it contains no spyware as they say, there is adware, and that has had issues with my friends computers and untill i got rid of it i didnt realise how much it was slowing my system down.
Bearshare looks promising too, 3.3MB DLs, what a speed, i get tops of 26-27k/s using Win MX, but thats on a 256kADSL connection, which should run faster, but wont!
And i tried swapnut once, was ok, just seemed a bit dodgy for some reason, couldnt pin it as to why so i got rid of it.
Ive also tried K-Lite and its weird, got rid of it too.
another that ive tried as well is XoloX, weird name, weird program. worked ok, not all that many users i think, but i dunno about the safety of it with spyware and adware and all that, so once again i removed it!

thats pretty much my total P2P experience.
though i was talking to my cousins boyfriend who has gone into business with a mate, both just finnished degrees in computers for something, anyway, he was saying that IRC is the best way to get stuff or something... dont really understand that so anyone want to try to explain it to me, ive used mIRC once, so im confused cuz thats the only IRC that ive been exposed to knowingly!!!

-The real criminals are the ones who dont get caught...
-The soldier, above all else prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must bear the wounds and scars of war.
Assassin_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #48
BSOD

bearshare free comes with adware so be sure to have an an adware remover... hey could anyone give me some info about limewire...is it fast? does it give viruses sypware etc? is it easy to use?
V2K6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:31 PM   #49
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to soccerfan

Go with Warez Client you can download it good for movies url to download http://downloads.vnunet.nl/download/...p2p/_1200.html
soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 02:31 PM   #50
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to jac006

limewire is defienetly the bomb of file sharing. i was using edonkey or whatveer, but i just got better results from limewire.