hey guys, prob on grandmas comp, havent been here in sooo long

jcon891

Daemon Poster
hey, i havent been here for a while, maybe some of you remember me, im on my grandma's computer and her taskbar is not there... if i go into control panel and taskbar properties i can get it back up by switching some stuff around, but its annoying cuz when i try to minimize anything it doesnt go to taskbar, it goes out of screen somewhere and i cant get to it. :mad:

pllz help

lol yes, its something wrong w/ computer. the only way i can get it back up is switching properties around, and then nothing minmizes to it.

do you have the "auto-hide the taskbar" option checked? or if it's using xp, when you get the taskbar back click "lock the taskbar" and it won't go anywhere.

yes she has xp, and yes when i said "taskbar properties" thats what i meant... i have checked EVERYTHING in there.

whats happeninng is:
-i start the computer up, when i get to desktop, there are desktop icons but absolutely no taskbar.
-i go to control panel > taskbar properties and switch some stuff around.
-the taskbar appears
-i open an application *any app*
-i minimize application
-application dissapears (still running, but i cannot get to it)

so basically everything i open, i cant minimize, and nothing is going on the taskbar.

Ok, when you minimize lets say............ An Internet explorer window does it move to the left, up, or right? (when you hit the Minimize it shrinks and goes to the bottom if it is working properly) and if it is going to the left or right or up try messing around with he resolution of the monitor it might be set to low and you cant see the hole screen i don't know if any of this makes sense but hope it helps

ok i just played around w/ the resolution and its not doing anything different.. its wierd.. lets say i open an internet explorer page, and i minimize it.. now the box is minimizing but its staying above the taskbar and not going ON the actually bar. no matter what res. im in, its doing that same thing.

well if you hit alt-tab you should be able to select the program thats minimized but i guess that still doesnt solve your initial problem...

nope it doesnt, i know all the tricks and how to get programs back up... i just want the computer to run like a NORMAL computer, and its annoying the hell out of me.

Back
Top Bottom