Hey Guys! Need HELP!!!!

sferma12345

Beta member
Ok where to start...

So after having my Gateway GT5014 for about a year, it seemed like it was slowing down, lagging a little when i was playing games and what not, no biggy, i went and bought a 512mb Radeon ATI APG Graphic Card. Once i bought that i got a blue screen due to my 350W power supply, so i took my cousins 450W, it said problem fixed when i started up my computer, now i wanted some sound, so i got a X-Fi sound card, but i guess that also took up some power so my computer got another blue screen. Today, i went out and bought a 680W Power Supply, and Two 1gb memory stick PC4200 and put them in along with the Power Supply. I tried starting up the computer.. The tower and everything lit up and i was able to see the monitor start 2 out of the 27 times i started it, but other than that, my monitor doesn't let me see anything, but the computer is running. any suggestions? thanks

Give us some time here man, it was only 15 minutes afterall. But try taking out the new sticks of RAM and see if that helps. It is possible that one (if not both) of you new sticks are bad.

Give us some time here man, it was only 15 minutes afterall. But try taking out the new sticks of RAM and see if that helps. It is possible that one (if not both) of you new sticks are bad.

hmm maybe, i'll try that to. here is a list of alll the parts i put on.

graphic card: ATI Radeon 512 MB AGP X1650
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi X-treme Audio Sound Card
Power Supply:Apevia Iceburg 680Watt Power Supply
Memory: (2) 1Gb stick of PC4200 along w/ the 2 512mb that came with comp.

that happened to me even tho i didnt change any parts. just unplug all molexes and power conncetors even disconnect the mobo one and wait an hour and put it back. 680 watts is enuff to handle ur comp easily unless it was bought for about 30 bucks.

that happened to me even tho i didnt change any parts. just unplug all molexes and power conncetors even disconnect the mobo one and wait an hour and put it back. 680 watts is enuff to handle ur comp easily unless it was bought for about 30 bucks.

yeah i agree. so what do you say? disconnect everything, wait an hour.. put it back together.. and just start it up? sounds good to me.. i'll be back on here if it doesn't work.. maybe i just surprised the motherboard with alll the hardware. give it some time to learn it.

It sounds like your board can't use the memory you got for it. Check the specs on the board and find out how big and fast of a card it can handle.

some mobos will not find memory unless it is all the same size. i would take out the 512 and try again. if it still doesnt work then it wont take the 1gb chips. if that is not the case and you know that you can have 1gb chips then the ram was bad. other than that all i can say is try the mobo's website. they will help you.

Back
Top Bottom