Hey all! Noob with a question/problem

Bubbajj

Beta member
Howdy all, I'm kind of a noob and have built a few systems. I'm having trouble with the latest one. I just finished an AMD Phenom II 1100 T black edition on a Asrock mobo with 16 gigs of ram and a window's 7 home premium OS. Beside mundane household/web surfing crap I'm also using it as a gaming machine. Here's the problem, playing Black ops on full video settings, it stutters and hangs. It has a ATI Radeon 6800 series video card that benchmarks at 630 FPS. This should not be happening as my Q9650 quad core pentium with an ATI 5700 series card will play at max settings with no problems. In theory, the Phenom should be way faster than the quad core pentium and the video card in the AMD system is WAY faster (the 5700 benchmarks at 320 FPS)

What Im I doing wrong? The new AMD should devour Black Ops but it doesn't. How can I test the CPU to tell if it's working right? Same for the video card, how does one tell if it's right besides the benchmarking? Haven't been too happy with the AMD thus far, it appears the old quad core Intel chip is kicking it's little silicon ass.

Back
Top Bottom