Here we go, temps are high again

hmm, well i will get a pic of my computer case to show u, it's pretty nice but not top notch. intel says it's REQUIRED to have a tac(thermally advantaged chassis) 1.1 case for pentium 4 lga 775, although it really isn't. it basically means that their is a air duct to direct outside air to your processor heatsink that will distribute the air across the motherboard and processor to cool the components. here's a link on tac and the list of chassis:

the pdf explaining chassis air guide:
http://cache-www.intel.com/cd/00/00/06/20/62086_62086.pdf

and the list of cases intel has approved:
http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/res..._inst_info/proc_tested_source_lists/53211.htm

Chances are that, unless he's living in the desert with horrible airflow, it's not likely that his airflow is the main issue. As hot as Prescotts have been - 775s don't reach those temperatures unless there's bad contact made with the heatsink or the fan isn't pushing enough air on the heatsink. It'd be nice if we had more information - exact models for the CPU, it's heatsink (Should be stock - but that picture isn't a LGA775 stock heatsink). Also, average room temperature would be nice. How many fans on the case?

SSE5 said:
Chances are that, unless he's living in the desert with horrible airflow, it's not likely that his airflow is the main issue. As hot as Prescotts have been - 775s don't reach those temperatures unless there's bad contact made with the heatsink or the fan isn't pushing enough air on the heatsink. It'd be nice if we had more information - exact models for the CPU, it's heatsink (Should be stock - but that picture isn't a LGA775 stock heatsink). Also, average room temperature would be nice. How many fans on the case?
well my prescott runs at 102 like i've mentioned much, and also it is mostly the contact but the air duct has done at least 10 degrees for my temps

MooseMan said:
well my prescott runs at 102 like i've mentioned much, and also it is mostly the contact but the air duct has done at least 10 degrees for my temps
It's true it could make a difference for his system - but we just don't have enough information about his computing an environment to make sure 100% for or against that's all. I'm just thinking about the problem in the way I first tackle them - and you in the way you first do, that's all. Simply a difference in opinion - for all we know, it's a combination of inadequate airflow and improper contact between the CPU and heatsink.

SSE5 said:
It's true it could make a difference for his system - but we just don't have enough information about his computing an environment to make sure 100% for or against that's all. I'm just thinking about the problem in the way I first tackle them - and you in the way you first do, that's all. Simply a difference in opinion - for all we know, it's a combination of inadequate airflow and improper contact between the CPU and heatsink.
yea, so i think best thinkg 2 do is if th problem hasn't been solved yet, make sure the cpu is mounted right, wiggle the heatsink and if it doesn't move then ur good. if the problem prosists then try the whole blowing air into ur computer, lol i tried that once when my temps wern't being read right and it didn't do a thing. after that i would try returning your motherboard and getting a different 1..lol those are the steps i took in simple terms and i am finally at a cool state :p

Back
Top Bottom