Helping finding a gaming computer.

Burcol

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

So my computer now is almost dead, and getting a new one. Need help picking one though. Willing to spend a max of £400 and looking for one from pcworld. Need help on the following:

1.) Can run 40 - 60 FPS. Min of 30.
2.) 3GB of RAM
3.) An awesome graphics card that can run MMOs very, very fast.

Cheers :)

How is it almost dead ?

i would just suggest newegg or local retailers such as best buy

4gb of ram is usually the standard these days. 3 gb is just....akward

specify the games you would like to run b/c some will require a little more juice than others

Hey guys,

So my computer now is almost dead, and getting a new one. Need help picking one though. Willing to spend a max of £400 and looking for one from pcworld. Need help on the following:

1.) Can run 40 - 60 FPS. Min of 30.
2.) 3GB of RAM
3.) An awesome graphics card that can run MMOs very, very fast.

Cheers :)

with that price range you can build a pretty solid computer if you shop right. using newegg.com i managed to build a few in your price range. here's specs.

Cooler Master Case Black
Amd Phenom II 940 3Ghz Quad core AM2+
4GB DDR2 800 OCZ Reaper
EVGA 9800GT 512MB 256Bit
Asrock AM2+ Mobo
320GB HDD Sata 7200rpm 16mb cache
thermaltake 430 dual 12v rails (its a solid psu)
sony dual layer dvd/cd burner

this came to 544 dollars which is ~ 380 euros.

this will easily handle most games and destroy MMO's. i mean im running a Dual core with only a ati 3870 atm and i can still get 80+fps in WoW so. and about 50 in warhammer.

Some quick questions if I may..
Will you consider building your own?
Do you want a sexy case, but downgrade on performance to fork out cash for case?
Do you want the best performance with a case that will cool nicely, but be ugly? Or do you want best of both worlds?
Can you go over budget whatsoever?
What games do you want to play? As said before on one game you could be getting 120 FPS and on a game like Crysis, maybe like 10.

Some quick questions if I may..
Will you consider building your own?

Depends what you mean by building. If you mean like selecting different parts at a website and they build the final piece, then yes.

Do you want a sexy case, but downgrade on performance to fork out cash for case?

I don't care if the case is a massive pile of dog sh*t. Purely want it for extreme performance.

Do you want the best performance with a case that will cool nicely, but be ugly? Or do you want best of both worlds?

Best performance with a good cooler. Like I said, it doesn't really matter about the case.

Can you go over budget whatsoever?
What games do you want to play? As said before on one game you could be getting 120 FPS and on a game like Crysis, maybe like 10.

Probably £450 would be my max. The games I play are Star Wars Galaxies, which has a max of 30 FPS but can you mods to make it go faster, DragonBall Online when it's out and Star Wars The Old Republic when it comes out, too. So it's basically MMOs I play.

Thanks mate :)

Building I mean that you buy all the parts separately and then you put the computer together.
It's very easy and fun to do...
Would you consider it?

I should sya no, i'm only recently 16, so if I do, my parents would have to help me.

With that being said, I would consider if, but I would rather just by the tower as a whole.

I should sya no, i'm only recently 16, so if I do, my parents would have to help me.

With that being said, I would consider if, but I would rather just by the tower as a whole.

why would they have to help you?
your not that young...

i could put together a full tower in about 45 mins now days.

even someone who has no idea with a little common sence would be able to do it in a few hours.

http://www.ibuypower.com/

thats a good site to buy full towers from

Thanks for that site. But I still don't know what I need. I know what I want and think will work, but don't know what the graphics card ect I need.

for MMO games id say the ATI Radeon HD4850 or the GTX 250 would be pretty decent performance for you budget.

Back
Top Bottom