HELP!! X-Fi Fatal1ty made a high pitch noise and now it doesnt work??

Fisher

Fully Optimized
I watching a movie on my comp and then all of a sudden the sound cut out and a continuos high pitch dddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee noise came out of the speakers. i restarted my computer and then a new hardware detected box popped up. it had detected a new audio multi device (or something like that) so i clicked on next so it could find the drivers for it but it couldnt. thinking hhhmmmmn something has gone wworng iwht my sound card i then try to install the drivers for it again of the cd but it kept coming up with previuous driver installation already running, error report. the wierdest thing is that when i unplug the front panel from the card it detects the card and everything looks ok but it doesnt play any sound through it when the front panel is plugged in the computer doesnt detect it at all.

can someone give me some advice as to whats goign on? i got the card at christmas so its still in its warranty. i think its frigged but im in denial at the moment.

Nah, I have the high pitch with my SB Live!. It's driver wise.

What you should do is to grab the drivers off Creative and extract the files. Then, Right-click "My Computer". Select Properties. Then, in the hardware tab, click Device manager. Select your Audio controller, and click Reinstall Drivers. Select the advanced options. Afterwards, in the specific directory, click browse and select the folder you've extracted it.

Click Next and it should install them.

Its also plausable since its found new hardware, that it could have popped out of the socket, and popped back in again?.......er...

This may sound stupid, but have you tried a restart?

i have tried all of the above. i think its fried. the strangest thing is is that the front panel that connects to the pci card, when it is unplug from the pci card everything works fine (apart from the front panel as its not plugged in) when i plugged it back in it comes up with new hardware found and nothing works at all. i think its fried im going to get on the phone with sound blaster and see if i can get an RMA number so i can return it to them

Back
Top Bottom