Help wiring kg-999 case

Munkee

Beta member
case = casecom kg-999
Mobo= m7vit 800

This is the first time i've done the case/mobo wiring so I dont know my arse from my elbow, got everything to work but the LCD.

I get some readout when I press reset but no backlight and no normal usage of said device and would appreciate any help, ta :)

LCD? That would be vid card related, but you're saying you get a "readout .... ". Or do you mean your LED lights on your box? Are the wires from the box labeled in some way? i.e H.D.D., Power LED, Power Switch, Reset Switch ... ? If so, ... some box wire labels are slightly different than mobo wiring labels.
If this is what you're having trouble with, give us mobo labels and case wiring labels and maybe we can put "2 & 2" together for you.

Dude is this your case? I think there the same. I got them linked up after a struggle.

Picture031.jpg

Yup, that's the case, just can't get the front LCD to work. Trying to get pics of mobo layout now

You need to connect the molex connector (it needs power you see, when you press the reset button it just runs off the battery). Once this is done your away!

lol!, overlooked the molex (d'oh), thanks for the help all I have to do now suss out how to set the time ;)

Thanks for the help, most appreciated

Sorry guys I think i must be stupid, I have the same case same problem. Ive connected the power to it, and its lit up nice and blue, but i cant get any read outs at all. Got loads of wires to connect somwhere but no idea where. Also I cant get the usb and firewire ports working on the case either.
My mobo is Asus 8AN Sli premium.
Help If you can. :confused:

I'm pretty sure that you're having a problem with the system connectors to the case. At the bottom right of most motherboards, there's two rows of tiny little plugs (these things are very annoying) that they'll plug into... And, your USB's should plug into one of the USB connector places (they look the same, but I think they're colored blue) near the bottom middle of the motherboard. I don't have that motherboard, but I have had two Asuses, and they've been the same.

Yea I no that they go there but I cant find out what goes where, and also the sensor cables to attach to the cpu, vga and hdd. How do u attach them? IS there any diagrams?
:confused:

For the love of god, DONT put the sensors under your heatsinks! It makes a bad contact and your temps go so high you could have a fry up on your computer. Just stick them on the heatsinks with sticky tape. You can get you temps from your mobo so dont worry about them

Back
Top Bottom