Help with video files

fetus

In Runtime
My computer doesn't play video files properly, they're always blurred and distorted to some extent. I've uninstalled my video card drivers and then reinstalled them but to no avail; anyone have any idea as to what could be causing this? I think this problem may have occured when I switched from my Radeon X600 video card to a 6800 GT but I'm not totally sure.

Ati's driver has a different Architecture than Nvidia's.
You must uninstall Ati's driver, so it doesn't interfere with Nvidia's...

hmm

I'm pretty sure I uninstalled the ATI drivers before I uninstalled this video card.

Double-check that you did and that you have the latest Nvidia drivers. Also check to make sure you have the latest video codecs. If you don't they should appear on Windows Update. So does it mess up for all video files or only a certain format?

I just uninstalled my 6800 and reinstalled the x600 and all video files play normally. Even after I uninstalled the ATI video card and got ready to reinstall the 6800 again the video files played normally. But after installing the video card and updating the drivers for it it reverted back to its messed up state. The only video files I've been using are .avi I think...

EDIT: I uninstalled the drivers for the 6800GT and then used the cd that came with the video card to install it and it worked fine. However, this doesnt explain why the newer drivers that I downloaded from Nvidia are screwed up.

Back
Top Bottom