Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-21-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Help With Speakers

Ok well im sick of the speakers on my laptop already and need a better system to plug into when I get home from work. Ive been looking at these but they have connectors set up for a desktop. My notebook(Toshiba Satellite A105-S2141) doesnt have any audio outputs except for a headphone jack. Is there a connector made to take all the cables and change them to USB or a headphone jack? Im going to bestbuy tomorrow to buy them and id like to make the trip as fast as possible. Any help is appreciated.

imhungry114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:09 AM   #2
Golden Master
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Help With Speakers

Those speakers look nice, but not as good as the Z series of the same model I don't believe.

Since there are no real audio jacks, I'd suggest you go and get a USB sound card device, and this'll plug into your laptop. You can then plug the speakers in the link in, if you decided to buy them

This for an example:

Since its also got a true 5.1 output on this sound card, your speakers will be given a good work out.

If you only used a headphone jack, you are more likely to get really messy sound using speakers, and just using one output, some of the speakers probably wouldn't work anyway.

I hope this helps.
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote