Help with speakers...

twisted1

Beta member
--- I got them to work, thanks for your help guys. :)

For some reason when I hook my speakers up to my computer, I can't hear anything, but when I hook them up to a stereo, they work fine. Any idea why their not working on my computer?

Try unmuting. If that doesn't work, then maybe the onboard audio is screwy. Do you have a soundcard? Maybe the driver is out of date. Tell the specs of your computer, just in case.

Are you plugging the speaker jack into the wrong hole? Sometimes that happens too.

Or, are the sound drivers installed correctly? Or at all?

Go to the volume control logo on the taskbar on the right. If you right click and go to Open Volume Control, is everything blanked out? Or is that logo even there? If any of these are true, your onboard sound, or soundcard just isn't installed.

What sound card have you got?

If its onboard, and you still have your motherboard cd at hand put this in, and it should have the sound drivers on it :) If not, try and get hold of the name of it so we can find drivers, or a search on google or something will find them pretty easily.

Try this program called Everest, which will tell you exactly what you have on your PC if your not sure of the make or model of the sound card:

http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

NOTE:

Some drivers you might get might not install automatically and might need a bit of help. In this case, go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Hardware.

The computer wil do a search of any new pieces of hardware that are in, but are yet to be installed. You'd then select to browse for it, and click what you've downloaded (if its an exe file, it should just install by running it anyway and won't work through this way). it should then install and you might need to restart.

EXTRA NOTE:

If it doesn't detect a soundcard (though you will have one), go into Bios at start up by pressing the 'Del' button on the keybaord usually.

Go into the 2nd menu i think, and check for onboard sound. Look that it is enabled (this will only work if its onboard sound), if its not, press enter on it and enable it. Then press escape to go back to the main menu and go to 'Save and Exit Setup' and press the 'Y' and enter key to accept.

I hope this helps :)

jac006 said:
Try unmuting. If that doesn't work, then maybe the onboard audio is screwy. Do you have a soundcard? Maybe the driver is out of date. Tell the specs of your computer, just in case.
Hmmm,What is your source of audio, ? Internal or card ?
But proper connecting and configureing and vol settings are important.
It's not as simple as a stereo.
Are they 2.1's or what ?

Intel(r) Integrated Audio is what it says. Is that the soundcard?

Also, I went to volume controls and nothing was blanked out.

Hmm, yeah that will be an onboard sound card that has come with your motherboard.

Since the volume controls aren't blanked out, they are installed and so drivers must be working correctly.

You could try installing over them though with some new ones.
I found many versions of this Audio device though and will need the specific code of the sound chip.

This is where you get them from though, and just search for Intel Intergrated audio, with the code of the chip (should have been shown on everest too):

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Support_Intel.aspx

I hope this helps

EDIT: I guess the post at the top with the "--I got it working" means you got it fixed :) What sorted it?

twisted said:
Intel(r) Integrated Audio is what it says. Is that the soundcard?

Also, I went to volume controls and nothing was blanked out.
Yes thats internal,part of the motherboard.Did you properly make the connections to the swoofer,then to the sound in ports ?
But what KIND are they please.2.1 etc.2nd request. :D
Is this what you see ?
volumes.jpg

Back
Top Bottom