HELP! Sound sounds choppy while watching movies!!!!!!!!

zyx

Baseband Member
My computer is acting weird all of sudden not sure if its a new program installed or what, however while I watching a movie it sounds like jagged sounds coming out the audio slows down and the video slows down like its loading something

I have Two SATA drives one 320gig and 160gig
All my movies are on 160gig

I play them and browse the drive for another movie however when I start browsing the drive the audio becomes slow and the movie becomes choppy

Everything else on my computer runs perfectly fine, I use a lot of audio programs so everything is cool...

HELP!!!!!!! any suggestions?

I have a gigabyte ds3 motherboard
M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card
2gig ram
core 2 duo @ 3.20ghz

thanks fellas
god bless

What program do you use to watch the movie? Have you tried watching the movie on another program?

Is your computer running updates at the same time which may cause it? mind you, you have 2gig of ram so your computer is more than capable of running multiple programs, it might be a confliction of you using multiple audio programs but Im still tempted to think its updates running in the back ground

im using audiophile 2496

i dont have the recent drivers since those ones suck

nvidia 7600GT

its not updates for sure since i keep my computer up to date and update it manually when i want it to download.

its weird, ive never seen this before...

im using SATA2 drives seagate...

like i said im stumped and it only does this on the 160gig drive for some reason
the drive is 3 years old, only used for movies and mp3s.

This is happening on any video player I use.

Also it just happens while browsing large files over 700megs
like 50-60 700meg files in one folder, when i scroll down it starts to get all choppy with the audio/video feed than goes to normal, but it sounds horrible

Maybe try running a diagnostic test on the HDD, it might be on its way out. Try defragging it aswell.

passed all tests from seatools

anyone else?????

I can't seem to figure out this problem

When a movie is playing it eats up a lot of resources. Check what all you having running at the same time. The icons in the tool bar by the clock should be a dead give away. Even if you have a lot of ram and a killer cpu it can only do so much at one time.

Back
Top Bottom