Help......slow downloading

dummy

Beta member
Please forgive me for my ignorance.........but,

last few days my computer has slowed to a crawl when surfing the web, to the point that it will sometimes load nothing. All other programs apppear to be functioning properly.

Also, keep getting this warning.........."virus detected, I-worm/I - sober, run AVG.

I have ran AVG several times and nodda......is this causing the "slow" problem.

any help appreciated.......

yes, I am the Dummy

Ok try this...

In order to get rid of bugs in the system like a virus, first thing is to disable the restore points. Viruses like to hide out in the restore points. If you run a scan and it finds something, it can't get rid of it cause it's getting reinstalled from there. So after disabling the restore points next boot to safe mode and run the scan. In safe mode the virus doesn't load up so it can be knocked out.
If all else fails you can download Stinger and run it. I'll put the link to it at the end of this reply. I strongly suggest you obtain a anti virus program that can run all the time you're online. Not just when you get slapped with a bug.
Now here's the disclaimer> Disabling the restore points will delete them.

Now here's the link to Stinger> http://vil.nai.com/vil/averttools.asp
Good hunting...
Good ideas Money_man. Here's another along those lines> www.ccleaner.com It's called crap cleaner. Turn on all the features and run it.

Back
Top Bottom