Help with signal

KillElli

Solid State Member
So I have built a few computers, all work well and still do. I built my roomate one and at first I could not get power to the mouse keyboard or monitor. After upping the voltage I got the mouse and board to power on, but no signal from monitor. I have swapped out my video card into his mobo and my PSU, no monitor signal. I have tried holding the power button to clean out left over juice, nothing. I tried pulling all cards out and putting them back, negative.

Have tried 3 PSU and 2 video cards, my RAM. His mobo beeps like its ready, all fans go on including the CPU fan, but it is like the monitor is not even connected to his computer. I tried my monitor and it doesnt do anything either.

Any ideas?

Also now the whole thing shuts off after about 4 minutes.

ASUS M4A78-E AM2+/AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

HITACHI Deskstar P7K500 HDP725050GLA360 (0A35415) 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5

ASUS EN9500GT TOP/DI/512M GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI

G.SKILL 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)

AMD Athlon X2 4050e Brisbane 2.1GHz Socket AM2 45W Dual-Core

Just hook up the monitor to the VGA port on the back of the motherboard. They are right next to the red USB ports.

I'm thinking you need to enter the BIOS using the onboard graphics, where you can then disable the onboard and have it use the dedicated card (9500 GT). Have a look at the manual. It should describe the section of the BIOS you'll need for the graphics settings.

Yea! Got it to the BIOS, its still turning off though after 10 seconds. Its a 550W PSU.

Is the heat sink on fully? If it's shutting off so soon excessive heat is probably the cause. Also check to make sure you have the proper amount of thermal compound between the processor and the heatsink.

Back
Top Bottom