Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
Beta Member

Question help reinstalling windows

first sorry this if probally in the wrong place sorry. but now to my problem. i got a virus that i cant get rid of it wont let me access the task manger. even if i try through run... it wont work then i try re installing windows, and i get this error c000021a and then it says that my current system status is 0XC0000034. and then i try going through the bios and booting right off of the reinstall windows cd and then it starts the program to reinstall windows and then i get that error again. i have no clue what to do. iv tried looking up what those errors mean and i can never find them together. i also tried booting in safe mode and that didnt work then i tried doing system restore and that does not work at all and i have 30 dates saved on there and none work. then i also tried using the last know good setup, that is right by the safe mode boot. and none of these work. i need help!!! please any ideas tell me

jeff96784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: help reinstalling windows

You will have to format your hard drive before you can install Windows.
Try and backup any data you want to keep before formatting. darroll

darroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to wmorri

Have you tried to remove the virus yet? That would be the first thing to try. I would download the free trial of NOD32, and run that and see what you get. I would run a spyware, and adware scan, to see what else might be on your computer.

If none of that works then I would back up your files, and then do a reinstall. When you go to do that you are going to want to put the windows disk into your drive, then when you start your computer load the boot loader. From there choose the drive that you want to start and follow the directions, it is all pretty easy if you haven't done it before.

Cheers!

I thought you were a hispanic/african american? Who is the white guy in the pictures?
wmorri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #4
Beta Member

thanks for your help i fixed it as soon as i read delete the recovery partion that work great. and i reinstalled it now my audio drivers dont work hahah
jeff96784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

Sounds like you need to install the drivers. They can usually be found at the manufacturer's website.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote