Help on RAM.

logitech69

Beta member
Hello guys.
I am building a new computer and I just had a quick question on what is the best memory i could buy. I kno timings of 2-2-2 are the best so DDR2 would be the best.... I am lokking to buy OCZ, Mushkin, Corsair, or Kingston. I dont know yet. I have the Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe Motherboard so I also want it to be compatible with that. I am mostly going to use this computer for games such as Counter_Strike :Source, Battlefield 2, Medal of Honor Pacific Assault, and F.E.A.R. Any other suggestions, please post em'. Thanks guys.

DDR2 wont work, that motherboard supports only DDR i have that motherboard and i have corsiar ddr400 2x512mb dual channel ram in it and it works well ive heard that u can put faster ram in it like ddr500 but im not sure because all amd motherboards say they only support up to ddr400 but u can always try it

Ok, then if my motherboard wont support DDR2, what motherboard will? I want a top of the line motherboard that will support DDR2 memory and that will support SLi. Thanks guys.

why do u want ddr2 so much? if u want ddr2 then that means u have to go with intel but amd would be better if u r going to be gaming

Ddd2 is acutally slower than ddr. I've seen benchmarks... but the best... curcial ballistix or kingston hyperx or whatever it is... ocz makes good ones too. I'd say the best would be crucial's ballistix.

Well

In my experience OCZ platinum revision 2 is the best kind of memory. The timings on it are great 2-2-2-5 in a decent system (my friends got a fx 55 and with t1 timings and stock voltage his is actualy 1.5-2-2-4) and currently DDR is better then DDR2 because DDR2 is brand new technology

Back
Top Bottom