Help (pt. 2)

yep it's plugged in and spinning. I'm in the process of reinstalling it, two of the fasteners don't want to go in their holes! This could have been my problem because I noticed when I was taking it out one of the fasteners wasn't exactly in all the way. I'll report back shortly.

Well my cpu fan doesn't seem to want to fit on my mother board very well. two fasteners snap in easily, but the other two are still very loose. I can wiggle the heatsink and fan with my finger. *EDIT* Ok, so i got the heatsink and fan back on my cpu and it doesn't wiggle around, although the fasteners do; but they're still locked in place. I'll attempt to restart in a few minutes. I just want the cpu to cool off for a bit.

thats your prob
right there
shouldnt be able to wiggle it
and also no double posting please
just edit your post

just to let you no asus has really bad customer service, it took about 3 months to get a replacement mobo

It's the most common problem with the stock 775 coolers.

Did you replace the thermal paste when you removed the heatsink from the cpu??

Well this could very well be the problem, except the temp is still rising; except this time it's taking a lot longer to rise. It has been on for about 5 minutes and it is still rising slowly. The cpu temp is currently at 51C idle and the mobo is at 32C. Is 51C too high? I thought it was supposed to idle around 38C. Oh, there it goes to 52C. It auto shuts off at 60-65C. Is it bad that the black fasteners wiggle around a bit when i touch them? Should I just re-reinstall the fan?

chances are you now need to clean off the thermal tape crap that comes with the heatsink as its probably ruined now. Apply some AS5

Back
Top Bottom