help with processor decision

Dunno what folding@home units are, and video-encoding should be fast enough with an AMD anyway, unless you encode like ridiculously-large files.

rofl you guys make such a big deal about it. If you are going to game, buy an amd. Now leave it at that! Dang "but if u multitask u can disenegrate the outer layer of the ozone in a split nano second in the rip of time to see a hot dog by the way i like hamburgers better but the circumfrence of the" SHUT UP!!! :D

Arjun said:
Amd owns gaming & multimedia.
Intel owns at word processing, and shit like that.

But the 3400+ is pretty stellar processer, but os is the 3.2. You can OC both of them to quite a bit, both are really a good choice.

ROFLMFAO!!!! "Yea Intel owns at word processing and shit like that" Those are basic computer functions you tard!! looloololol

Try mobility instead. At least give them something they are good with.

Intel=better at processing data, thats why they are used for server
Amd=better at data handling, thats why they run demanding games so well, because its running it so fast, as where intel just moves it

I dont know exactly say it how imean it, but i did my best, lol

lol, word processing, if a computer wasn't good at word processing noone would buy computers, i don't see the purpose of agetting a computer good for word processing it has to be SOOOOO much mroe thatn that.

Im a hardhead. I still think intel will do just fine for gaming.

The 3400+ rating is AMD's way of comparing it to intel. Just like the others. Its supposed to be as fast or faster than a 3.4 GHZ intel.

IMO, the difference in performance is quite neglidgeable. All I want is a CPU that can
download a few files in the background, browse multiple web pages, check e-mail, use 1, maybe 2 IM's, play a video in Winamp, and maybe have some other programs open in the background.

I think that an Athlon 64 or a Pentium 4 could handle that. But the Athlon consumes about 100W less and is generally cheaper than the competing model, so Athlon 64 is the best for me.

Back
Top Bottom