Help! problem with new parts...PLZ HELP!!!

nokturnalchrist

Solid State Member
First of all i am a sorta noob at this..

alright..well heres the story..
i had a geforce fx5500 oc, i was tired ot playing low settings.on CS:S and BF2..and still lagging...
i have an AGP interface for graphics..
so i went out and bought a ATI Radeon X1600PRO 512mb RAM, plus a Antec 500w PSU...
i got home went to put everything in..and my PSU did not fit in my Micro ATX sonyVIAO...which was my fault i didnt think about it..
so i went back out and got a Thermaltake Armor Jr. case..

i have had a few problems..
1.) I could not find where to plugin on the MOBO the wires for the power switch LED and the HDD usage LED...the switches work fine..

2.) Upon startup it seems that my computer process and load are much slower at first then before the swap..

3.) Veary Crappy video quality..like in games..with my 5500 i would average around 30-40 FPS on LOW settings in CS:S, with the new X1600 i was atfirst getting about 20-30 FPS on high settings. so i did some tweaking with game settings, and the most i got out was about 45 FPS average with constant drops and raises..
upon help with a buddy i updated the ATI drivers, cleaned out the old drivers, tryed OCing which is not allowed on this card..

so one thing i did was i switched up the power cables a little bit to try and see if maybe it wasnt juiced enough...so i did that and i got alittle boost in FPS to about 50-60.. but i still could only play BF2 on LOW with some Chopping..Over all i am unimpressed with this card...i dont see much of a difference between my 5500...
NOW i have taken in to GREAT consideration that i belive the problem is how the the parts were set up after the swap...it was the first time that i basically took everything out and put it back togeter...like i said before i am noob to the hands-on..
if some one could greatly help me it would be veary appreciated..

sorry this was so long..but i have to do somthing about this quick..

what board is in your vaio, the card you have it for 8x agp, do you possibly have and older one with a 4x agp slot and something. that could be causing it.

for your other question, the led's "should" be in the same jumper set as the switches. did you hook the power up backwards and burn out the leds??

well the board in this thing is a few years old, so possible i dont think i burnt out the leds..like with the case there not all togethere thats why its confusing for me..lol like there all seperate and the one that was plugged in the the MOBO in the original was all together..so IDK..
the board i dont know off hand but on near the CPU Heatsink area there are big bold letters that says " P46533-VX" the VX are a little unreadable but i am about 95% sure it says VX...if that helps let me know! thanks

wow that my old shitty mobo i had in a sony vaio way back when, throw it in a dumpster,
nothing is hardly compatible with it, i TRIED

hmmm, i can't find anything online about that board. i'll keep looking and trying to find something. pm sent too..

Back
Top Bottom