help problem with crysis Resoultion

paintballpunk43

Baseband Member
I just got crysis for christmas o what joy I know.... but there is a problem

I use my 37" Westinghouse Tv for my monitor its resolution is 1280x720, but when I go to set crysis to set it to that resoultion it doesn't fill the screen. So instead right now I'm using the res of 1024x768 and it fills the screen, but I get waves every so often when in gameplay. What should I do to correct this problem.

Anti-Aliasing is set to 0 but when I turn it all the way up the game lags

GPU is 8600GT XXX and the game runs really smooth at medium
PCU is X2 6400 at 3.2ghz
PSU is 500w Apevia for a FFC
system is a Fragbox Qpack2

isn't there an option on the tv to change the res if anything can't you change the aspect ratio and change it to a smaller res. and be set to widescreen, i have never used a tv for that but its woth a shot, and BTW Crysis on a 37" that is going to be un if you get it to work right!!!!

No, I'm pretty sure u can't change the Res on HDTVs cause then I could make my 720p a 1080p by simply changing the Res settings.
Although my TV does accept the input of 1080i & 1080p it won't be able to play them at though.

Aspect Ratio is set to norm. When its set to fill at 1280x720 it still doesn't fill the screen.

well its not going to say wide screen its like 800x600 is normal 1600 x 1200 is widescreen also your tv should have 2 option for the ratio it should be like 4:3 and 16:4 or something like that select the last one and try it out.

Update: all is well
for some reason all I had to do was go out of full screen mode change the res and then go back in. All the waves disappeared and crysis on a 37" Flat screen is officially badass

well you can fill the screen with these commands
r_height 720
r_width 1280

thats will customize the res for your screen

Back
Top Bottom