Help with Port Forwarding

Captain.Ash

Baseband Member
Im getting pretty damn frustrated trying to get 8000/8001 forwarded to the second computer. I have a D-Link D-200. I was shown stuff like opening http://192.168.0.1 and stuff, but it just comes up page cant be displayed. If anyone can help me, email me at captainash_1@hotmail.com. I am in desperate need to get this working.

Any other facts you need to know:
Both computers with WinXp
one computer with Pentium 4
one (cp with modem) with AMDXP
Have had a few minor problems previously, in which second computer would get disconnected from the Internet (broadband) every few weeks.

Thanks for replies :D

Make sure they are both on the same network if your trying computer to computer(192.168.0.x, etc) If your trying to do it over the internet, 192.168.x.x is private, and your router will use whatever IP address is provided by your ISP.

Make sure you add in the port afterwards(192.168.0.1:8000) and be sure whatever server software your using is set to this port.

Thanks for your reply.
Its for the internet.
I've looked at ipconfig with MS-DOS and tried all those IP's with both computers, and still doesnt work.
192.168.x.x.. You mean x marks the other numbers, or i actually write this? If you can, please add me at captainash_1@hotmail.com (for MSN Messenger). Else, email me. I am really puzzled with this.

Please, i really need help with this! I'm setting up a radio station, if you help me you'll get a special thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom