Help plz?? Monitor has no signal!

reenigrl18

Solid State Member
Hello.

Biggest problem I've had with computers so far as I don't know what else to do.
My whole computer has been going great for about a year. Just today i turnt it on to see a little blue box on my screen saying "No Signal". It did this one other time when I first started using this monitor but it seemed to work itself out back then, All I did was restart it a few times.

Heres what I've tried already:
*Tried restarting
*I made sure all my cards are pushed in
*Took out my memory and changed slots.
*Tried a different monitor
*Tried a different graphics card
*opened it, cleaned it.

But still, everytime I turn it on it says the same thing.. and also you know the beep you usually get when turning on your computer..? Like when you first turn it on you get the black screen and the beep, I let the computer run to see if I could hear it and I can't hear that anymore, so I have no idea as I have lights, the fan to my graphics, onboard, and main power fan work, I just tried a different graphics card and no help.

Any suggestions would be good!

AMD 2400+
128 Mem
I think my graphics is 8X
Acer 17" monitor.

Reeni

have you changed your graphics card recently? make sure your monitior plug is hooked up to the right slot on your computer. Check for broken prongs on the cord, that happens sometimes from forcefully removing the cable.

What kind of monitor do you have, and what type of connection: like LCD with DVI
In some situations with the LCD, if you increase the refresh rate over the monitor's spec, it won't work.
What you would have to do is reboot in safe mode; hold down the F5 key and then direct to safe mode. Then once there go to your control panel and check the display, lower the refresh rate or/and screen resolution size.

You most likely will want to reset your BIOS.

Turn off your PSU then take the BIOS jumper and move it over to clear them out. Leave it there for a few seconds and do it a few more times just to make sure they have been cleared.

Turn it on and see if that helps.

hey everyone, thank you for your replies

I took my computer to the shop to see what they think, and they fixed it for me. It was my processor, whoever put it together, put way to much glue. the guy said he put loads of it on and its not nessecery
thank u again for ur help.

Reeni,

Back
Top Bottom